General etching questions
- Does laser etching my device void the Apple warranty?
- What if I get tired of my artwork and want something else in a few months?
- How does the process work?
- What kind of devices can I engrave?
- Will etching my device add any value to it?
About my artwork
A: No. The process is done using a laser at low power and can not damage your iPod, MacBook, MacBook Pro or Powerbook. The process is quick, clean, permanent and will not void your Apple warranty. It’s just like placing a sticker on your gadget… but permanent.
Q: Ok… this sounds really cool, but what if I get tired of my artwork and want something else in a few months?
A: Laser engraving is permanent… on the shell that you have on your ipod or laptop. You can always get a new shell/casing for your gadget and it will be brand new again.
A: When you are ready to get your gadget engraved, these are the usual steps:
- Your graphics are the most important part of the process. Although we accept any type of image (.jpeg, .bmp, .tiff, .psd), vector based graphics (.ai, .eps) are always sharper and produce the highest results. If possible, email us your graphic before you come in and we can test your image or clean it up if required.
- Come in and bring your device. Its always good to call ahead to make sure there is availability for that day.
- We place your item in the laser and get your artwork ready to print.
- You press GO on the laser and in a couple of minutes you have your super star gadget ready to impress your friends.
A: The most common items to laser engrave are cell phones, iPods and other mp3 players and laptops, but we can engrave in pretty much any surface. This includes aluminum, glass, plastic, etc. We can even laser engrave your jeans… if you want to.
A: It won’t make you money, but you will for sure be the envy of your friends and co-workers with a completely custom gadget.You will instantly become more popular and attractive.
A: We prefer vector based artwork, ie. Adobe Illustrator (.ai or .eps) or Corel Draw (.cdr). We can also accept various raster image formats. (Setup fees may apply).
A: Any image can be engraved. If you can print it we can engrave it. But for the highest quality of the engraving, you should have your art work in a high resolution format (see above).
A: View our pricing page for full information.
A: Yes you can. Contact us to arrange shipping of your item to get the process started. We will design a mockup of you etching and email it to you for approval. Once you give us the go ahead, we’ll etch your device and mail it back to you. The cost for the etching is the same as if you came to our studio, and you just have to pay for the actual shipping on top of the etching cost.